Matte Black Isuzu for DMAX 2016 2017 2018 Front Grill /Dmax Accessories Front Grille
Dmax D-Max 2016-2018 Abs Matte Black Front Racing Grille Grills Auto Accessories Front Bumper Mask Cover Fit Grill
FRONT RACING GRILLE
FIT FOR D-MAX 2016-2018 CAR (PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CAR IS SAME AS HERE PHOTO )
LED :YELLOW LED
Material: Plastic ABS
Leds: 4 Pieces on Grille
Fits For: Isuzu D-max Dmax 2015-2018
Door: 2 , 4
Year Model: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Placement on Vehicle: Front
Manufacturer Warranty: 90 Day
Fitment Type: Direct Replacement
Mounting Hardware Included: Yes
1. Remove all the push/pull plastic trim clips from:
• Above the grille, around the hood latch.
• From underneath the bumper.
• Front wheel arch/inner guard to front bumper.
1. Remove the philips head screw in the centre of grille.
2. Unclip the bumper from both sides where it meets the front guards, slowly lowering down onto a soft blanket or equivalent.
3. Unclip the 2 electrical plugs on the passenger side.
After the bumper is removed:
1. Unclip the outside air temp switch from centre bracket.
2. The centre grill bumper support needs to be removed and modified.
This is how we did ours, which is the first one fitted to an Australian model.
You may find an easier or better way to install. If so, we would love to hear about it so we can update fitting instructions.
After we removed the support, the modifications we completed to fit the new high flow grille are:
1. Drilled out the spot welds using 9mm drill bit. 4x on each side bracket, 3x on centre bracket.
2. After we drilled the spot welds to separate the side brackets and centre support from the curved bar, we cut and removed 40mm from the front edge of each side bracket. (We did this for clearance for the new grille as it has no hollow section for the curved bar, like the standard grille). So on our setup the curved bar is not put back on.
3. We then painted the holes where we drilled and also where we cut, with a gloss black spray paint to help prevent rusting in future.
4. We then used a nutsert tool for the centre support to add 3x m6 threaded inserts into the lower half of the bracket, then bolted back together with m6 bolts with large mudguard style washers.
Other options could include:
• 3 m8 bolts washers and nuts.
• pop rivets, etc.
We went with the option of bolting it together with the thought of relocating the holes on the curved bar and side supports to fit the curved bar with bolts again in the future.
1. We removed the top side plastic inserts as we now have alot more flow and they were contacting on the grill.
If you would like to keep them in, you can unclip the bottom and leave the top attached only. Apply some heat using a hair dryer then bend if you need to mould the direction more to the outside.
To swap the grille:
1. 2x philips head screws each side.
2. Remove the clips from the electrical loom along the bottom of grille.
3. Tuck the loom between the sensors and bumper. Additional zip ties can be used if desired (ours sits fine without). The grills will separate easily.
4. Then the new grill can be clipped in.
5. 2x screws added back in.
Then fit the bumper and grille back on keeping in mind to re-connect the electrical plugs on passenger side and the air temp sensor on the centre bracket.
This was by no means an easy job.
We got these grilles in and made them available, at a few customers' request.
We expected these to be a swap out easy fitment, which they are not. Being the 1st and only company to sell and personally fit and test these, we just want you to know it can be done. We recommend only performing this modification if you are mechanically minded. And with the consideration of, if you choose to run without the centre curved bar, there is a possibility for insurance queries or concerns. We plan to work further at relocation of the curved bar for this reason. But at this time we don't have a solution. Please read all information prior making the decision to purchase.
||Isuzu Dmax DMAX 2016 2017 2018